Israel70, Building Artistic Connections has been made possible with the generous support of Genesis Philanthropy Group and run in conjunction with PaJeS, has offered an opportunity for children to explore, connect and reflect upon the cultural, artistic and historical narratives of Israel via a selection of objects from ten Israeli museums. This innovative and exciting international programme has been run in 33 Jewish primary and secondary schools in the UK, Singapore and the US. It will culminate in an international celebration and exhibition at JW3 in the UK and at the Babylonian Jewry Heritage Centre in Israel throughout the summer.
So far the participating children have:
- Researched and selected a museum object from a comprehensive catalogue of options
- Discovered different Israeli museums, cultural centres and historical sites
- Produced an online journal of discoveries, reflections and ideas
- Participated in the production of a final creative composition
Before the conclusion of the project the children will also:
- Engage with Israeli museum professionals and their collections
- Have a chance to be represented in the Israel70 international exhibition to be held in Israel and the UK
- Be able to visit all the participating Israel museums free of charge throughout the duration of the programme
Come and see the exhibition at JW3 between 15th April and 22nd April or in Israel from 29th May- 31st August at the Babylonian Jewry Heritage Center in Or Yehuda.
Nic Abery is the Director and founder of LooktoLearn. With over 20 years of experience in education, Nic combines Religious themes and secular education through the exploration of museum art, objects and culture. Her expertise in developing integrated curricula and delivering training for educators has taken her throughout the UK, Europe, Israel and the USA. Nic also sits on the PJ Library UK Content Advisory Committee helping to select titles for PJ Library families in the UK
April 6, 2018