If you’re based in Manchester or Leeds and are interested in becoming the next Northern Fieldworker, send your CV to Sara at firstname.lastname@example.org before the 31 December 2019.
PJ Library Northern Fieldworker role description
The Northern Fieldworker will strengthen community growth, specifically signing up new families and attending community partner events for families raising Jewish children. The role is part of the UK team, reporting into the Director of Community Engagement, home-based in the north of England, where the successful candidate will be best placed to deliver local knowledge.
- The role is part time, 8-16 hours a week.
- Daytime, evening and occasional weekend availability as there will be events that require attendance. Advance notice will be given of these times.
- The role requires travel to PJ Library events in the north of England, which are mainly Manchester and Leeds based.
The role responsibilities include:
Jewish community engagement
- Set up one-to-one meetings with local families, community groups and organisations in the North of England, encouraging families to sign up to PJ Library and to spread the word in their own networks
- Grow relationships with existing partners and identify new strategic partnerships with communities and organisations across the North of England in order to ensure maximum promotion of PJ Library
- Support northern community partners in their planning and marketing of high-quality PJ Library programmes for young families, with assistance from PJ Library UK Head Office in London, preparing before an event, evaluating event outcomes and replicating successful models where appropriate
- Lead and execute independent PJ Library programming and events where necessary. Provide timely feedback to Head Office with quotes from attendees and photos of the event
- Share best practices that take families ‘beyond the book’
- Develop a directory of creative partners based in the north of England and provide them with materials and training to enable them to be ambassadors for PJ Library when visiting communities
- Promote the loan of individual story books or the travelling Pop-Up PJ Libraries, liaising with HQ
- Keep detailed records on community contacts and PJ Library partner events
- Track year-round events and provide end-of-year update
- Suggest relevant content for the PJ Library UK blog, and related social media, helping to growing a northern presence on the Facebook and Instagram pages
- Work with UK team to give weekly feedback and updates for the UK Board and US team
- Provide content for monthly family e-newsletters to promote events in the north of England
- Be an ambassador for PJ Library and HGF at all times including community events
Relevant skills and experience
- Understanding of the Jewish community in the UK, preferred
- Marketing and event experience
- Experience in developing an online community through social media channels, preferred
- Experience in developing creative programming
- Excellent interpersonal and written skills
- Impeccable organisational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work individually and in a team
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite
December 10, 2019