Did someone new just move in nearby? Do you have a new classmate at school? Help them plant roots in your community — and do a mitzvah – with a special homemade welcome card.
This Activity Works With These Books:
1 piece of thick paper or thin card
Crayons, markers, or colored pencils
- Fold the piece of paper in half to make a card.
- On the front of the card, draw a picture of yourself (or your whole family!).
- Above the picture, write “Welcome” in several languages. Ask your parents to help look up the words online.
- Inside the card, write a short message — something like “I’m excited to get to know you” or “I hope you like it here!” Add other decorations, if you’d like.
- Give the card to a new family in your neighbourhood or a new student in your class at school to make them feel welcome.
Learning to Welcome Guests
March 12, 2019