PJ Library in the UK is recruiting Parent Ambassadors to create connections with families raising Jewish children in their local area and subscribe them to PJ Library though informal meetings and welcoming events.
Parent Ambassadors will be the face of PJ Library in their local community, creating meaningful Jewish moments for families beyond PJ Library books. Parent Ambassadors will nurture relationships among families by attending PJ Library Partner events and connecting with families through a variety of channels, including one-to-one coffee meetups, attending local groups and arranging family gatherings in Jewish and non-Jewish spaces.
PJ Library in the UK is seeking Parent Ambassador in the following areas:
- South London, including, but not limited to: Greenwich, Catford, Bromley, Wimbledon, Kingston
- Essex, including, but not limited to: Ilford, Chelmsford, Loughton, Colchester, Chigwell, Hainult
- Part-time and home-based, 8-10 hours a week
- Flexible working hours - daytime, evening and occasional weekend availability as there will be events that require attendance. Advance notice will be given of these times.
- The role requires travel to PJ Library events in and around the area
- Must be able to provide own transportation to events
Parent Ambassador Responsibilities:
- Create and implement approximately 2-3 activities/gatherings per month (e.g. local playgroups, intergenerational story time, home-hosted events)
- Provide timely photos and feedback to Head Office after events
- Attend PJ Library induction training, followed by a weekly update with the Director of Community Engagement, as well as a minimum of one monthly video call
- Actively share the gift of PJ Library with families they encounter
- With families’ permission, collect contact information and input into the database so they can start to subscribe to PJ Library
- Track year-round events and provide end-of-year update
A Parent Ambassador will be paid monthly, at a rate of £12 per hour and will be expected to work 8-10 hours per week.
Parent Ambassadors will be mentored and supported by the Director of Community Engagement.
To apply, please send your CV to Sara
December 17, 2019