As parents, we’re always trying to get our kids to enjoy healthy treats with meals. If you’re lucky enough to have children at home who try anything, they’ll love helping you whip up the zesty dip for this unusual fruit salad. And if you’ve got picky eaters, you’ll love this fun treat inspired by the finicky robot in the latest episode of Have I Got a Story For You, “Moon Station One.”
1 5 oz container vanilla yogurt
1 lime, zested
1 tablespoon fresh mint, finely chopped
- To carve the watermelon, lay the watermelon down on its side, and slice off about a 1-inch thick piece from both the top and bottom.
- Stand the fruit up, and now that it is level, slice down the sides to carve off the rind.
- Once the rind has been removed, slice the watermelon into cubes.
- To carve the pineapple, use the same method of slicing off the top and bottom, to create a level surface to carve the skin, and then cut into cubes.
- In a small bowl, combine the yogurt, lime zest, and fresh mint. Serve alongside cubed fruit.
TIP: If you need help cutting pineapples and watermelon, use this tutorial from our recipe author, Jennifer Stempel.
November 26, 2019