PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS SITE AND JOINING OR ENROLLING IN ANY OF OUR PROGRAMMES
Terms of website use
Other applicable terms
Information about us www.pjlibrary.org.uk is a site operated by the Harold Grinspoon Foundation ("We"). The foundation was established by real estate entrepreneur Harold Grinspoon and his wife, Diane Troderman, in 1993. The address of the foundation is 67 Hunt Street, Suite 100 Agawam, Massachusetts 01001.
Enrolment and Subscription
We currently operate the PJ Library programme which sends free, high-quality Jewish children’s literature and music to families with children under 9 years old. We may in the future also operate other programmes.
The link to enrolment for any of our programmes can be found at our enrollment page. In respect of enrolling on any of our programmes and the subsequent subscription, unless we specifically indicate otherwise, please be aware that the following terms and conditions apply.
Your submission of any form in respect of participating in a programme will be deemed to constitute acceptance of the terms and conditions below:
Age of child
- Children are eligible for enrolment from birth through 8 years old. This means that a child is eligible for the programme from birth until their 9th birthday.
- The mailing address must be within the United Kingdom (England, Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Channel Islands, Isle of Man and British Military Post Codes). Applicants using a British overseas territories address are not eligible for the programme.
- Families with multiple eligible children may, subject to these terms, enrol each eligible child—there is no limit to subscriptions per family.
- We have full discretion in deciding whether to accept any application for subscription to the PL Library programme. If the application is rejected, the applicant will be notified by email. The applicant is welcome to contact us on the contact details provided below to discuss our decision further with us.
Accuracy of information
- You confirm that the information that you submit to us is complete, accurate and not misleading.
- If you are the legal guardian or parent of the child being enrolled we will require some basic information about you as part of the application.
- If you are not the legal guardian or parent of the child being enrolled we will require information about you as well as information about the legal guardian or parent of the child. You confirm that the legal guardian or parent has given you permission to submit the enrolment on behalf of the child and to disclose their information to us.
Terms of subscription
- Subscriptions last for one year, beginning from the date of enrollment, and will be renewed at PJ Library’s discretion.
- Subscriptions include 12 mailings, arriving monthly to the address provided.
- We are not responsible for the content of the books and the CD that we send to you. You can find a list of the books that we will send for each month on our website. We welcome your suggestions and comments on our selection. Please be in touch with us via our email address below.
Use of books
- The books can only be used for personal purposes.
- You agree to abide by any copyright and/ or data laws in respect of your use of the materials provided.
Cost of subscription
- The programme is free of charge for subscribers.
- Given that our programme is free of charge, we are not able to take any responsibility for any loss or damages that you may suffer which arises directly, indirectly or in connection with any of our programmes.
Changes to these terms
Please check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we made, as they are binding on you.
Changes to our site
We may update our site from time to time, and may change the content at any time. However, please note that any of the content on our site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update it.
We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will be free from errors or omissions.
Accessing our site
Our site is made available free of charge.
We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. Access to our site is permitted on a temporary basis. We may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of our site without notice. We will not be liable to you if for any reason our site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our site.
Your account and password
If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party.
If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your user identification code or password, you must promptly notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Intellectual property rights
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our site for your personal use and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to content posted on our site.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on our site must always be acknowledged.
You must not use any part of the content on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
No reliance on information
The content on our site is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our site.
Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our site is accurate, complete or up-to-date.
Limitation of our liability
To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to our site or any content on it, whether express or implied.
We will not be liable to any user for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
· use of, or inability to use, our site; or
· use of or reliance on any content displayed on our site.
If you are a business user, please note that in particular, we will not be liable for:
· loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
· business interruption;
· loss of anticipated savings;
· loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
· any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
If you are a consumer user, please note that we only provide our site for domestic and private use. You agree not to use our site for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our site or to your downloading of any content on it, or on any website linked to it.
We assume no responsibility for the content of websites linked on our site. Such links should not be interpreted as endorsement by us of those linked websites. We will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
We do not guarantee that our site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform in order to access our site. You should use your own virus protection software.
You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
Linking to our site
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
You must not establish a link to our site in any website that is not owned by you.
Our site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our site other than the home page.
We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
Third party links and resources in our site
Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only.
We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
PJ Library is a registered trademark of the Harold Grinspoon Foundation.
To contact us, please email email@example.com. Thank you for visiting our site.