On Sunday 17th November 2019 families up and down the UK will be making the world a better place – it’s Mitzvah Day!
As well as reading PJ Library stories about helping others, here are some activities you can do before, on and after Mitzvah Day with the whole family.
Before Mitzvah Day:
- Make a cake, and deliver it to a homeless shelter
- Make cards for patients who are sick in hospital
- Make pom-poms with some friends, join them together to make a scarf for someone in need – instructions can be found at the back of A Hat For Mrs Goldman
On Mitzvah Day:
- Visit an old age home with your children and other young families, and enjoy singing songs and reading PJ Library stories with the residents. This Mitzvah Day we will be at Clore Manor from 2.15pm
- Put on your wellies and clear a local public space in need of tidying
After Mitzvah Day:
- Give away your lunch or drop off items to a food bank
- Decorate tzedakah boxes that can be filled all year round
November 1, 2019